Manager of Communications
The Federation of Rental-housing Providers of Ontario (FRPO) is the largest association in Ontario representing those who own, manage, build and finance residential rental properties and their industry partners. FRPO works on behalf of members to promote a balanced and healthy housing market with a vital rental-housing industry.
FRPO is looking for a self-motivated and talented Manager of Communications. Reporting to the President & CEO, the Manager of Communications is responsible for all internal and external communications ensuring FRPO strategic marketing plans are effectively communicated through all channels.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop a comprehensive communications strategy including the activities and vehicles moving forward
· Manage all social media platforms, including publishing content, as well as growing and engaging with audiences.
· Manage FRPO website to ensure the website is professional, up-to-date, and functioning as intended.
· Manage outside consultants engaged to assist FRPO with PR and media relations.
· Responsible for relevant and timely internal and external communications, including FE magazine and the Annual report
· Represent FRPO at various trade shows and other events as required.
· Respond to communication-related issues in a timely manner.
· Drafts the CEO’s communications
· Post-Secondary Education with studies in business, communication, marketing, or a related field.
· A minimum of 5 years of communications experience.
· Quick adapter of technology and online/social media platforms.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport and work collaboratively with members and colleagues.
· Excellent verbal communication skills: able to confidently and clearly express ideas, opinions and information.
· Excellent written communication skills: able to convey information successfully through a written format, tailors message to audience, able to develop useful and relevant public relations and communications materials
· Seek to understand requirements of the members and acts with members in mind.
· Effective planner: able to scope out work requirements accurately and delivery to goals
· Proficient in use of full suite of Microsoft Office programs
Please apply with your resume and one-page cover letter, along with salary expectations. Salary: $75,000 - $95,000 per year (based on experience)
Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada. Applications to email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.